Comment

If you stop by The Bubble, leave us a note - write on our wall - say Hi!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Windows

When I was younger one of my family's holiday traditions was to drive into the city to look at the Christmas windows after eating Thanksgiving dinner. Back in the day, you could walk down State Street - which was closed to traffic, and look at the beautifully decorated windows at Marshall Field's, Carson Pirie Scott's and Sears. Today Macy's has taken over the Marshall Field's store and let's just say public opinion of their window decorations is less than favorable.

This year I have been on a hunt for the best Christmas decorations in Chicago and I have found new windows to admire.

Maybe these are just more fitting to my grown-up Christmas list...

Ralph Lauren had me at white peacocks, but the details in this window are exquisite! The ice on the fountain in the back, the flocked branches, all gorgeous. If you are trying to track this window down it is at the corner of Chicago & Michigan.

Proceeding a little further North on Michigan Avenue you run into Tiffany's - DO NOT miss these windows! My pictures do not do them justice. The fine attention to every detail is AMAZING!






And one more just for fun - these are my kind of reindeer!

Get out there and enjoy the season!



No comments:

Post a Comment